Incident workflows are triggered on changes to the incidents data. Every incident created on the Rootly platform is stored as an incident object. You can leverage the power of workflows to auto create Slack channels, create Zoom bridges, etc.
Incident workflows are by far the most used types of workflow. Some common use cases are...
- Automatically spin up a Slack channel when new incident is declared
- Automatically remind Slack channel to update status page every 30 minutes
- Automatically email legal team whenever a SEV0 incident occurs
- Automatically create Jira tickets to the corresponding project boards based on the impacted teams
- Automatically spin up Zoom or Google Meet bridge for high severity incidents to enable high bandwidth conversations
- Automatically page the on-call responders via PagerDuty or Opsgenie whenever a certain service is down
- Automatically create retrospectives using different templates depending the types of incidents
- ...thousands of other combinations to fit your exact incident process!
Follow the navigation below to begin configuring an incident workflow.
Workflows > Create Workflow > Incident
There are many trigger events to choose from. Check out what's available to you on this page.
In the example below, the workflow will initiate when the incident status changes or when a manual command is given in Slack.
Any property of an incident can be used to condition incident workflows off of. The properties can be default properties such as services, severity, status, etc. or custom properties configured in custom fields.
See the Condition Checks section for details on how run conditions are configured and enforced.
Available actions in incident workflows are dependent on the integrated applications. Actions relating to specific applications will become available once those applications are integrated.
In the example below, the workflow will create a Jira issue in the integrated Jira instance.
If you need help or more information about this integration, please contact [email protected] or start a chat by navigating to Help > Chat with Us.