Jira Integration allows you to:
- Creating an incident in Rootly will create an issue in Jira if you choose to.
- Creating an action item in Rootly will create an issue in Jira if you choose to. Attached as subtasks if incident has been created in Jira as well.
- Changing incident title, description, status in Rootly will update the issue in Jira.
- Changing action item title, description, status in Rootly will update the issue in Jira.
- Changing Jira incident issue attributes will not update incident attributes in Rootly.
- Changing Jira action item issue attributes will update action item attributes in Rootly. ( See Webhooks section to make this feature works )
You can setup this integration as a logged in admin user in the integrations page:
We recommend you integrating with a service account to make sure the integration doesn't break if a user leaves your company.
You custom map your Jira issue status to Rootly ones through the Integration Settings page.
You can configure custom column mapping using our custom variables .
Your selected workspace needs the following oauth permissions:
Your selected workspace needs the following permissions:
- Assign Issues - Ability to assign issues to other people
- Close Issues - Ability to close issues. Often useful where your developers resolve issues, and a QA department closes them.
- Create Issues - Ability to create issues.
- Delete Issues - Ability to delete issues.
- Edit Issues - Ability to edit issues.
- Link Issues - Ability to link issues together and create linked issues.
- Transition issues - Permission to transition (change) the status of an issue.
To get Jira to update Roolty action items, you need to configure Webhooks. Additional documentation can be found here.
Go into Jira Software System panel > Webhooks
Create a new webhook and copy the Rootly webhook url into the url input.
Finally let's allow the webhook to listen to Issue events.
All done !
If you need help or more information about this integration, please contact email@example.com or use the lower right chat widget to get connected with an engineer.
You can uninstall this integration in the integrations panel by clicking Configure > Delete