The Rootly plugin is a frontend plugin that displays Rootly services, incidents in Backstage and can be found here: https://github.com/rootlyhq/backstage-plugin. The plugin includes three components that can be integrated into Backstage:
- The RootlyPage routable extension component which produces a standalone page with the following capabilities:
- View and search a list of entities and import/link them to rootly services
- View and search a list of services
- View and search a list of incidents
- The RootlyOverviewCard component which produces a summary of your entity with incidents over last 30 days and ongoing incidents.
- The RootlyIncidentsPage component which produces a dedicated page within your entity with details about ongoing and past incidents.
You can link and import entities in rootly services through Backstage Web UI or through annotations.
Because of the features provided by the plugin, an API key with full access to your Rootly domain is required.
- Read access on services is needed to list services, write access to link entities to services.
- Read access on incidents needed to list incidents.
- Go to Profile -> Manage API Keys.
- Click on Generate New API Key button.
- Copy the key.
Add the plugin to your frontend app:
Configure the plugin in app-config.yaml. The proxy endpoint described below will allow the frontend to authenticate with Rootly without exposing your API key to users.
Available annotations are the following:
Expose the Rootly global page:
Add a link to the sidebar:
If you need help or more information about this integration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or use the lower right chat widget to get connected with an engineer.