Using Status Page Templates
Event status updates are often standardized via templates. These are preset values that will auto-populate your event update. This guide will aim to help you use them. Using StatusPage templates requires you to first import them into Rootly. If you have not done that yet please follow this guide here.
1. Within any incident in Rootly click the Status Page Timeline Tab then the Add to Timeline button
2. Within the publish modal select a status page that has StatusPage.io integrated (These pages will have "(Statuspage.io) in the title")
3. Within the same publish modal select the template you wish to use for your incident event update
4. Post selection, the template will populate preset such as the event message, status, and any effected components
5. Clicking publish will add the event to the Rootly timeline as well as the the active incident in StatusPage.io